It has been raining. Pelajari situasi berikut:
Is it raining?
No, It isn’t but the ground is wet.
It has been raining.
Have/has been -ing adalah bentu dari present perfect continuous:
I/we/they/you have (= I’ve etc.) been raining.
he/she/it has (= he’s etc) been raining.
Kita menggunakan present perfect continuous untuk kegiatan yang baru berakhir. Ada hubungannya dengan masa sekarang:
- You’re out of breath. Have you been running? (Anda kelelahan sekarang)
- Paul is very tired. He’s been working very hard. (Ia kecapaian sekarang)
- Why are your clothes so dirty? What have you been doing?
- I’ve been talking to Carol about the problem and she thinks that…
** has been raining for two hours**. Pelajari situasi berikut:
It is raining now. It began raining two hours ago and it is still raining.
How long has it been raining?
It has been raining for two hours.
Kita umumnya menggunakan _present perfect continuous tense) dengan cara tersebut, khususnya dengan kata how long, for… dan since…. Kegiatan tersebut masih terjadi (seperti contoh diatas) atau baru berakhir.
- How long have you been learning English? (Anda masih mempelajari bahasa Inggris)
- Tim is still watching television. He’s been watching television all day.
- Where have you been? I’ve been looking for you for the last half hour.
- George hasn’t been feeling well recently.
Anda bisa menggunakan present perfect continuous untuk kegiatan yang diulang pada suatu periode:
- Debbie is a very good tennis player. She’s been playing since she was eight.
- Every morning they meet in the same cafe. They’ve been going there for years.
Murphy, Raymond, 1994. English Grammar In Use Second Edition. Press Syndicate: University of Cambridge